On this Wednesday, June 25th, we are pleased to start the release of the special issue on Statistics and health.
We would like to thank our four guest contributors, namely:
- Professor Constantine Daskalakis is Associate Professor, Thomas Jefferson University, and Chair, Section on Teaching of Statistics in the Health Sciences at the American Statistical Association;
- Patrice de Broucker is Chair, OECD Network on Labour Market, Economic and Social Outcomes of Learning;
- Professor Michael Evans is President, Statistical Society of Canada, and professor, Department of Statistics, University of Toronto;
- The Royal Statistical Society (United-Kingdom)
We thank all students who met the challenge of presenting contributions to peer-review process. We congratulate especially those who have successfully passed this process and will be published in this special issue.
Current calendar of publication
N.B.: links are inactive until the article is published.
- 13 March 2014: Letter from the Royal Statistical Society
- 27 June 2014: Objectivity, Subjectivity and Statistical Evidence by Michael Evans
- 3 July 2014: Parental and Peer Influences on Adolescent Smoking: A Literature Review by Cailin Mulvhilll
- 5 July 2014: Education and Health: building indicators in international comparison by Patrice de Broucker
- 11 July 2014: Statistics in the Service of Health by Constantine Daskalakis
- 20 July 2014: Human Health Effects of Dietary Aluminum by Karine Landry
- 24 July 2014: Reducing the Global Burden of Depression by Prabjyot Kaur Chahil
- 28 July 2014: Health Sciences (HSS) Buddy Program: Evaluation of its First Year by Mostafa Abdul-Fattah
- 31 July 2014: The epidemiology of ophthalmological disease among school age children in rural India by Clive Velkers, MacKenzie Turpin and Raywat Deonandan
Please note that several manuscripts are still being edited and peer-reviewed. Articles will continue to be added to this list, when they are scheduled for publication.
The full special issue on Statistics and health will be published in print and PDF in August 2014.
This page was designed by the talented Katrine Dragan.
This post will be updated frequently. Last update: 25-07-2014
Latest posts by Gatien de Broucker (see all)
- eHealth governance: Google, dot-health and privatizing the Internet - 26 / 02 / 2015
- Introduction to PIAAC – measuring adult literacy and skills - 27 / 08 / 2014
- Avant-propos – Volume 4, Numéro 1 - 26 / 08 / 2014
- Foreword – Volume 4, Issue 1 - 26 / 08 / 2014
- Statistics and health 2014 [special issue] - 25 / 06 / 2014