Call for Submissions
Winter 2015: The Determinants of Health
The Interdisciplinary Journal of Health Sciences welcomes articles, essays and reviews that contributes to the development of our knowledge on the various determinants of health – either biological or social. Submission criteria are based on the twelve determinants of health as outlined by Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. Ideally, anyone who wishes to submit their original work should clearly identify which determinant of health is associated with their paper and the nature of the relationship – how is the subject related to human health through the chosen determinant of health?
The Public Health Agency of Canada lists the following determinants of health:
- Income and Social Status
- Biology and Genetic Endowment
- Personal Health Practices and Coping Skills
- Employment/Working Conditions
- Social Environments
- Physical Environments
- Education and Literacy
- Social Support Networks
- Health Services
- Healthy Child Development
The IJHS welcomes the following types of submissions in English or French (the word limit does not include the abstract or references):
- Original research articles: 3000 word limit
- Either quantitative or qualitative
- Includes review articles, case reports, literature reviews and clinical experiments.
- Article, Book or Media reviews: 750 word limit
- Essay: 750 word limit
The deadline for submission into our Winter 2015 issue has been extended to Monday, February 2, 2015.
For more information, please visit our basic formatting criteria page.
Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed and selected articles will be published in the regular or special issues of the IJHS. As the IJHS is a bilingual and an open-access endeavour, every abstract will be translated and all articles will be freely accessible to the public.
Latest posts by Arlanna Pugh (see all)
- Foreward – Volume 5, Issue 1 - 09 / 09 / 2015
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: SUMMER 2015 – PUBLIC HEALTH - 13 / 07 / 2015
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: WINTER 2015 – THE DETERMINANTS OF HEALTH - 13 / 11 / 2014