2017 Call for Submissions
The Determinants of Health
We invite you to submit an abstract for consideration for our upcoming issue. Submission criteria are based on the twelve determinants of health as outlined by Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. Upon submission, it should be clear which determinant of health is associated with your paper – how is the subject related to human health through the chosen determinant of health?
To ensure a high-quality publication, all abstract submissions will be subject to preliminary assessments by the Editorial Board for suitability of content. Abstracts must be sent electronically to
email@example.com by August 15, 2017. The contact author will receive notification of abstract acceptance by August 18, 2017.
• Title: 25 word limit
• Length: 250 word limit
• Authors: Name every contributing author, using their full names.
• References: No references are to be included in the abstract.
Authors whose abstracts have been accepted will be asked to submit their completed manuscript by September 15, 2017.
- Abstract Submission Opens: August 1st 2017
- Abstract Submission Closes: August 15th 2017
- Accept/Reject Notification: August 18th 2017
- Manuscript Deadline: September 15th 2017
Types of submissions
Completed manuscripts may include an original research article, an essay, or a review paper, in English or French. The word limit does not include the references.
- Original articles: 4000 word limit
- Either quantitative or qualitative
- Includes review articles, case reports, literature reviews and clinical experiments.
- Article, Book or Media reviews: 1000 word limit
- Essay: 1250 word limit
How to submit
To submit a completed manuscript, please do so by using the Open Journal System (OJS). In order to make a submission, you must register as a user and create an author account. You will be asked to provide the necessary information about the authors and the submission itself, to attach the file you are submitting, and to agree with our terms and conditions of use. We do not accept any submission by email or by mail.
Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed and selected articles will be published in the upcoming issue of the IJHS. As the IJHS is a bilingual and an open-access endeavour, every abstract will be translated and all articles will be freely accessible to the public.
If you experience any trouble submitting your manuscript, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report the issue and seek assistance.